Three years after the official launch of the “Farmers Driven Climate Change Agenda” at COP24, in Katowice, Poland, The Climakers will be in Glasgow to take stock of the progress made in amplifying farmers’ needs and solutions to climate change by presenting an “NDCs Toolkit” as guidelines to policymakers on integrating agriculture into the national fulfilment of the Paris Agreement.
On November 3, within the framework of the UN Climate Change Conference COP 26, The Climakers will convene together for the official side event “The Climakers: Presenting the Toolkit for a Farmer – Driven Implementation of NDCs”, organised by the World Farmers’ Organisation (WFO) together with International Fertilizer Association (IFA).
Reflecting on the experiences gathered through regional consultations, surveys and case studies collection, The Climakers will present farmers’ priorities for governments, helping them to implement climate-smart and farmer-driven Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
Alzbeta Klein, Director General, International Fertilizer Association, IFA, will moderate the event.
Invited speakers include:
- Theo de Jager, President, World Farmers’ Organisation, WFO
- Elizabeth Nsimadala, President, Eastern African Farmers Federation, EAFF, and Former President and Women Affairs Representative, Pan-African Farmers’ Organization, PAFO
- Ana María Loboguerrero, Head of Global Policy Research, CGIAR Centre for Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security, CCAFS
- Giulia Di Tommaso, President & CEO, CropLife International
- Bernhard Stormyr, VP Sustainability Governance, Yara International
- Niels Peter Nørring, Climate Director, The Danish and Agriculture Food Council, DAFC
- Ming-Hong Yen, Director, Technical Cooperation Department, International Cooperation and Development Fund, Taiwan, ICDF
To learn more about the event’s lineup, CLICK HERE