This session aims to raise awareness about the contribution of farmers to the sustainability of food systems showcasing grass-root farmers driven solution to climate change and how the UN Food Systems Summit of next year can become a turning point to ensure a Farmers Driven approach to the shift towards sustainable food systems.
Interpretation will be available in French and English.
12.00 – 12.05 Introduction of event and sessions by the moderator
- Michael Hoevel, Director, Marchmont Communications, and Coordinator of Farming First
12.05 – 12.50 A Farmers Driven Climate Change Agenda as a Bold Action to change the Food System
How Farmers contribute to sustainable Food Systems implementing solutions to climate change
- Theo De Jager, President, World Farmers’ Organisation (WFO)
- Jannes Maes, President, European Council of Young Farmers (CEJA)
- Errington Thompson, President, Agriculture Alliance of the Caribbean (AACARI)
- Rim Ferchichi, CEO, Maghrebian and North African Farmers Union (UMNAGRI)
- Stephen Muchiri, Executive Director, Eastern African Farmers Federation (EAFF)
- Majola Mabuza, Policy Officer, Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions (SACAU)
12.50 – 13.25 Driving the transition together
A multi-stakeholder partnership towards the sustainability of Food Systems
- Giulia Di Tommaso, President and CEO, CropLife International
- Ming-Hong Yen, Director of Technical Cooperation Department, International Cooperation and Development Fund of Taiwan (Taiwan ICDF)
- Deissy Martinez, Regional Programme Leader for Latin America, CCAFS
- Ntiokam Divine, Managing Director, CSAYN
- Peer Ederer, Professor and Director, Global Food and Agribusiness Network (GFAN), and WFO Scientific Council Member
13.25 – 13.30 Conclusions by the moderator
More information about the pre-UN Food Systems Summit event “Bold Actions for Food as a Force for Good” can be found online (https://www.weforum.org/events/bold-actions-for-food-as-a-force-for-good-2020), where you can also register for the whole event.